all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* org-mode superscript and subscripts
@ 2014-04-17 18:05 abhinav.predicate
From: abhinav.predicate @ 2014-04-17 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I was using org mode and wanted to get some text in superscripts and subscripts but whenever is use _ or ^, the text is just concatenated :
like when I type abc_def and use "C-c C-x \" to go to UTF8 display, I get abcdef,
same for subscripts,
can someone please tell me what is wrong here ?

abhinav

* Re: org-mode superscript and subscripts
@ 2014-04-18  0:58 ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-04-18  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abhinav.predicate; +Cc: Emacs Help

You might try asking the org mode list:

Grant Rettke | AAAS, ACM, FSF, IEEE, Sigma Xi
grettke@acm.org | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson

@ 2014-04-18  8:28 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-04-18  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abhinav.predicate; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

abhinav.predicate@gmail.com writes:

> I was using org mode and wanted to get some text in superscripts and
> subscripts but whenever is use _ or ^, the text is just concatenated :
> like when I type abc_def and use "C-c C-x \" to go to UTF8 display, I get abcdef,
> same for subscripts,
> can someone please tell me what is wrong here ?

Concatenation of "a" and "2" is expected when writing "a^2" but
the "2" should be both smaller and higher on the line.

If you don't see this, I guess this is a problem with your Emacs
display.  A picture would help understanding what happens.

Best,

--
 Bastien