I saw a few days ago a film (Yankee Doodle Dandy). As usual, I copied its translation from a site. ( I attached here Yankee-Doodle-Dandy.srt from http://davidbillemont5.free.fr). I started XINE and I saw that no text appeared on the screen. I tried to use emacs to see what is wrong. I do not give here details. Yankee-Doodle-Dandy.srt contains many ZEROS (0), that are unreadable caracters. Bref: Just try to use EMACS (id est to use query-replace) to take out the zeros. Every combination that you try fails. (unibyte, hexl mode, etc) Is it normal that EMACS is completely unusable for such an easy task? Alin Soare.