all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 14:34 JS
From: JS @ 2004-10-29 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have Ubuntu linux installed. I have downloadet mosml and configured my
.emacs file which now make it possible to start emacs in sml mode. But when
want to start det ML compiler emacs can't find the mosml compiler that I
have installed. Hope someone can help!

Yours
Johs

* Re: sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 15:13 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-10-29 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

JS wrote:
> I have Ubuntu linux installed. I have downloadet mosml and configured my
> .emacs file which now make it possible to start emacs in sml mode. But when
> want to start det ML compiler emacs can't find the mosml compiler that I
> have installed. Hope someone can help!

Emacs searches for compilers and other executables in it's exec-path
variable (C-h v), which is initialized from your PATH environment variable.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 15:47   ` JS
From: JS @ 2004-10-29 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Kevin Rodgers" <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> JS wrote:
> > I have Ubuntu linux installed. I have downloadet mosml and configured my
> > .emacs file which now make it possible to start emacs in sml mode. But
when
> > want to start det ML compiler emacs can't find the mosml compiler that I
> > have installed. Hope someone can help!
>
> Emacs searches for compilers and other executables in it's exec-path
> variable (C-h v), which is initialized from your PATH environment
variable.

> --
> Kevin Rodgers

Could you be a bit more specific, is there somewhere I have to change that
path??

Johs

* Re: sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 15:53     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-10-29 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

JS wrote:
 > "Kevin Rodgers" <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
 >>Emacs searches for compilers and other executables in it's exec-path
 >>variable (C-h v), which is initialized from your PATH environment
 >>variable.
 >
 > Could you be a bit more specific, is there somewhere I have to change
that
 > path??

Can you run the compiler from the command line (shell)?

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 17:12       ` JS
From: JS @ 2004-10-29 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I entered the following in ~/.bashrc:

export PATH=${PATH}:${HOME}/mosml/bin

and then I edited the sml-proc file to point to the right directory where
mosml is

and now it works!

Now I only need to get some colors in emacs when you write "fun, if then
else" etc.

> JS wrote:
>  > "Kevin Rodgers" <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>  > news:2uf51aF2981j4U1@uni-berlin.de...
>  >>Emacs searches for compilers and other executables in it's exec-path
>  >>variable (C-h v), which is initialized from your PATH environment
>  >>variable.
>  >
>  > Could you be a bit more specific, is there somewhere I have to change
> that
>  > path??
>
> Can you run the compiler from the command line (shell)?
>
> --
> Kevin Rodgers

* Re: sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 17:27         ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-10-29 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

JS wrote:
 > Now I only need to get some colors in emacs when you write "fun, if then
 > else" etc.

Google: sml mode

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 18:47           ` JS
From: JS @ 2004-10-29 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> JS wrote:
>  > Now I only need to get some colors in emacs when you write "fun, if
then
>  > else" etc.
>
> Google: sml mode
>
> --
> Kevin Rodgers

Yes I have tried that! But Its a bit more complicated. I have to make a new
file sml-mode-color and the refer to this in .emacs...but I can't make it
work.

Johs

* Re: sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 19:14             ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-10-29 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

JS wrote:
 > "Kevin Rodgers" <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
 >>Google: sml mode
 >
 > Yes I have tried that! But Its a bit more complicated. I have to make
 > a new file sml-mode-color and the refer to this in .emacs...but I
 > can't make it work.

I don't see anything complicated:

http://www.cis.ksu.edu/~allen/sml/sml-emacs.html

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 19:45               ` JS
From: JS @ 2004-10-29 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:14:10 -0600, Kevin Rodgers wrote:

> JS wrote:
>  > "Kevin Rodgers" <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>  > news:2ufct5F28h5h6U1@uni-berlin.de...
>  >>Google: sml mode
>  >
>  > Yes I have tried that! But Its a bit more complicated. I have to make
>  > a new file sml-mode-color and the refer to this in .emacs...but I
>  > can't make it work.
>
> I don't see anything complicated:
>
> http://www.cis.ksu.edu/~allen/sml/sml-emacs.html

I already have a line:

(global-font-lock-mode t) in my .emacs file but there is still no colors! I both have it above
my sml settings and in my sml settings.

Johs

* Re: sml mode in emacs
@ 2004-10-29 23:21                 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-10-29 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ C-h f global-font-lock-mode RET ]
| global-font-lock-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`font-lock'.
| (global-font-lock-mode &optional ARG DUMMY)
|
| Toggle Font-Lock mode in every buffer.
| With prefix ARG, turn Global-Font-Lock mode on if and only if ARG is
positive.
| Font-Lock mode is actually not turned on in every buffer but only in those
| in which `turn-on-font-lock-if-enabled' turns it on.
`----

The symbol t is not a positive number.  Try (global-font-lock-mode 1) or
just (turn-on-font-lock).

--
Kevin Rodgers