On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Jason Rumney wrote: > On Aug 18, 1:32 am, Abu Zaher wrote: > > > eg কো is being rendered as ক‍ো > > Firefox on Windows XP shows both those the same, so I think this must > be a common rendering problem. Emacs on Windows on the other hand > displays them differently (but I can't tell if it is correct ). > > I would guess that the problem is with libotf or libm17n, have you > tried looking for updated versions of those libraries? If you are > relying on the version your GNU/Linux distribution provides it may be > too old, you probably need to build those libraries yourself from an > up to date source to get proper support for many Indic scripts. Also, > your font may be lacking the information required to compose it > correctly, or have the information in a format that libotf cannot > recognize, so try different fonts. Well (gedit) gnome shows they glyphs correctly with pango, so I think there is no problem with these fonts. But not sure about the libs, I'll try to compile them and let you guys know. > On Windows I have the font > "Vrinda", which I think was from a source of Free fonts, but Windows > uses a different OTF engine, so there is no guarantee that will work > with libotf. > -- Regards Abu Zaher Md. Faridee http://zaher14.blogspot.com/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/apertium/ --- Time heals every wound, but time itself is a wound that never heals.