On 2016-12-10 11:01, Yuri Khan wrote: > If this wasn’t Emacs, I would name lack of localizability as a > drawback of including code as part of strings. But that’s moot because > no one writes localizable software in Elisp. It's an excellent point nonetheless; thanks for mentioning it! (though part of me wonders if this wouldn't help with localizability, too: assuming fmt was extended to support compile-time constants, I could imagine that the ability to include code in strings may make translation easier) Thanks for the insight! Clément.