my apologies, steve - i was too cursory when i looked back through my allout correspondance. i really do appreciate the fix, even if i didn't keep your name straight! i've attached a new ChangeLog fragment, with separate entries for stephen's and my changes (and a formatting error corrected, besides), and the same, consolidated patch as before. ken On 9/30/06, Stephen Berman wrote: > On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 13:04:24 -0400 Richard Stallman wrote: > > > (allout-expose-topic): Rectify implementation of "+" spec, so that > > the subtrees are hidden and only the headlines are exposed. > > (Thanks to bill white for contributing this fix.) > > > > Please don't ever put other people's code under your name in the > > change log file. That would confuse our copyright clerk. > > > > If that change was written by Bill White, you should put it > > in a change log entry with his name on it, not under your name. > > Since you seem to want an accurate record, I feel compelled to say > that, unless Bill White happened to send Ken the same patch as I did, > I think the change he referred to is one I sent him. Since it's only > a three line patch, I have no objection to it appearing under Ken's > name. If you think it's important that it appear under my name, of > course I have no objection to that either (and if copyright assignment > is necessary, I did sign papers for Emacs some years ago). > > Steve Berman