all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Auctex german labels with german umlauts
@ 2014-05-31 10:23 stephanus.volke
       [not found] ` <mailman.2623.1401540675.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: stephanus.volke @ 2014-05-31 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I'm a new Emacs/Auctex User. Auctex for Emacs is amazing but there are some little things could be better. When generating a section with c-c c-s the label ist generated automatically. But if there is an german Umlaut in the section title like 'ä' this becomes just 'a' in the label. Is there any possibility that auctex will substitute the 'ä' by 'ae' and not by 'a'?

Thank you for your answers,
Stephanus Volke

* Re: Auctex german labels with german umlauts
@ 2014-05-31 12:50 ` Igor Sosa Mayor
       [not found] ` <mailman.2623.1401540675.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-05-31 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

stephanus.volke@gmail.com writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a new Emacs/Auctex User. Auctex for Emacs is amazing but there are
> some little things could be better. When generating a section with c-c
> c-s the label ist generated automatically. But if there is an german
> Umlaut in the section title like 'ä' this becomes just 'a' in the
> label. Is there any possibility that auctex will substitute the 'ä' by
> ae' and not by 'a'?

'ä' is not possible, since latex can not handle Umlauts in references.
For 'ae' I'm sure someone is able to provide a little patch.

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890   :: http://www.gnupg.org/      ::

@ 2014-05-31 20:32   ` Stephanus Volke
From: Stephanus Volke @ 2014-05-31 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am Samstag, 31. Mai 2014 14:50:48 UTC+2 schrieb Igor Sosa Mayor:
> stephanus.volke@gmail.com writes:
>

> > Hello,
>

> > I'm a new Emacs/Auctex User. Auctex for Emacs is amazing but there are
>
> > some little things could be better. When generating a section with c-c
>
> > c-s the label ist generated automatically. But if there is an german
>
> > Umlaut in the section title like '�' this becomes just 'a' in the
>
> > label. Is there any possibility that auctex will substitute the '�' by
>
> > ae' and not by 'a'?
>

> '�' is not possible, since latex can not handle Umlauts in references.
>
> For 'ae' I'm sure someone is able to provide a little patch.
>

> --
>
> :: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com ::
>
> :: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890   :: http://www.gnupg.org/      ::
>
> :: jabberid: rogorido  ::                            ::

Thank you for your answer Igor. I already know, that Latex can't handle german umlauts, so I'll waiting for the 'someone' who is able to provide me the little patch...thank's.

@ 2014-06-01  9:25     ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2014-06-01  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Stephanus Volke; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs