all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Changing character font under MacOS
@ 2009-03-28 20:02 Alberto Simões
From: Alberto Simões @ 2009-03-28 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello.

I am trying to change the default character font under MacOS.
Basically, I use Options > Set Default Font. I choose the font I want,
and I tried to save using Options > Save Options.

But the next time I start emacs I get the original font size.

Any hint?
TIA
Alberto
--
Alberto Simões

* Re: Changing character font under MacOS
       [not found] <mailman.4177.1238270544.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-03-29  8:21 ` Peter Breitfeld
From: Peter Breitfeld @ 2009-03-29  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Alberto Simões wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am trying to change the default character font under MacOS.
> Basically, I use Options > Set Default Font. I choose the font I want,
> and I tried to save using Options > Save Options.
>
> But the next time I start emacs I get the original font size.
>
> Any hint?
> TIA
> Alberto

I'm on mac os x too. I created in my .emacs some fontsets, one of them
looks like this:

(create-fontset-from-fontset-spec
  "-apple-andale mono-medium-r-normal--15-*-*-*-m-*-fontset-andale15,
      ascii:-apple-andale mono-medium-r-normal--15-*-*-*-m-*-iso10646-1,
      latin-iso8859-1:-apple-andale mono-medium-r-normal--15-*-*-*-m-*-iso10646-1,
  mule-unicode-0100-24ff:-apple-andale mono-medium-r-normal--15-*-*-*-m-*-iso10646-1,
  mule-unicode-2500-33ff:-apple-andale mono-medium-r-normal--15-*-*-*-m-*-iso10646-1,
  mule-unicode-e000-ffff:-apple-andale mono-medium-r-normal--15-*-*-*-m-*-iso10646-1")

To make it the default font, I put it in default-frame-alist via customize.

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de

* Re: Changing character font under MacOS
@ 2009-03-29  8:50 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-03-29  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alberto Simões; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 28.03.2009 um 21:02 schrieb Alberto Simões:

> I am trying to change the default character font under MacOS.
> Basically, I use Options > Set Default Font. I choose the font I want,
> and I tried to save using Options > Save Options.
>
> But the next time I start emacs I get the original font size.

You should report this bug!

I did report some bugs last night. The incorrect binding of ⌘-,
should be fixed now. I also learned that the former NS features from
the preferences pane are now in the customisation group ns. Alas,
when *I* try to save my customisation or set it for the current
session a Mac OS X form comes up asking to press Yes or No (whether
to apply all customisation of this group) – and now it plays no role
whether you press any button or not, within seconds Apple's
CrashReporter will come up and report a crash, though Emacs.app
continues to run while not usable ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

No matter which way you ride, it's uphill and against the wind.
				– First Law of Bicycling