all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Doesn't behave properly on OSX
@ 2007-09-12  7:10 Nathan Sowatskey
From: Nathan Sowatskey @ 2007-09-12  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

When I start Aquamacs I don't get a window opened. I have to create a
new frame.

The Apple C/V/X isn't working.

In GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-apple-darwin8.10.1, Carbon Version 1.6.0)
  of 2007-07-22 on plume.sr.unh.edu
Windowing system distributor `Apple Inc.', version 10.4.10
configured using `configure  '--without-x' '--prefix=/usr/local''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: nil
   locale-coding-system: iso-8859-1
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   recentf-mode: t
   encoded-kbd-mode: t
   osx-key-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mac-input-method-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
   utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <report-emacs-bug>

Recent messages:
("/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs")
... done.
Aquamacs Mule installed.
Files.el (source)...
frame-notice-user-settings: Font `fontset-monaco12' is not defined

Nathan Sowatskey, Technical Leader, NMTG ANA Strategic Architecture -
nsowatsk@cisco.com - +34-638-083-675

* Re: Doesn't behave properly on OSX
@ 2007-09-13 21:21 ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2007-09-13 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Sowatskey; +Cc: bug-gnu-emacs, Aquamacs Bugs

Nathan,

On 12 Sep 2007, at 08:10, Nathan Sowatskey wrote:

> frame-notice-user-settings: Font `fontset-monaco12' is not defined

Could you please check if you've got got the "Monaco" font defined?
It should pop up in any font selection dialogue in an application,
and it's normally to be found in /System/Library/Fonts. It's a
standard font.

- David

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Doesn't behave properly on OSX
@ 2007-09-14  7:13   ` Nathan Sowatskey
From: Nathan Sowatskey @ 2007-09-14  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aquamacs Bugs; +Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

Hi

Thanks for the reply. In the end I deleted all of the Aquamacs
applications, settings and preferences folders and reinstalled. Clearly
something got mixed up somewhere.

Seems to be fine now.

Regards

Nathan