On Jan 5, 2012, at 8:11 PM, Juanma Barranquero wrote: > > Why the second guessing? I was told that almost all software packages > today did automatic upgrading, and I mentioned some that do not. I > don't know why they don't offer it, and neither do you. I suspect the answer is ``most of them do, either built in to the app, via a default package system, and/or via the operating system''. You > Do you have an smoke detector in your home? I don't. I don't have a > fire extinguisher, either. I do, as does basically everyone I know. They're required in various ways here in the US. Perhaps we're ruining it for the rest of you. :) Regardless, you have made it clear that you object to oranges because they might someday turn into apples. To be explicit, here is the `sweeping under the carpet' to which you have repeatedly voiced objection: On Jan 4, 2012, at 3:16 PM, Ted Zlatanov wrote: > I really like your suggestion. It lets us write the DLL deployment code > later or never, depending on what users want, but at first we will only > do the acceptable minimum. It can also work with a standalone GnuTLS > W32 installer, if we ever decide that's a better approach. Apparently `later or never' is too much like `evident that we should' for you. *Chad