On 1 Dec 2007, at 09:20, martin rudalics wrote: >> patching file lisp/faces.el >> Hunk #6 FAILED at 1504. >> Hunk #7 FAILED at 1646. >> 2 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file lisp/faces.el.rej > > I recall this has been changed. I can compile a multi-file patch > that should work against emacs-base (for a while). Well, I'm building 22 for now. > Are you using a > script for applying such patches to Aquamacs builds? Is Emacs trunk > disfunctional for you, BTW? Yes, there's about 40 patches that are applied during the Aquamacs build process. I haven't tried the trunk in a while (but I hear Carbon is working again, right?). Aquamacs is based on the 22 CVS builds, and I think that's the most sensible thing to do. Perhaps we'll lock it to 22.2 if that is reasonably bug-free. I'm taking your view-mode patch out again now since you said that it might break things in 22.x. But please consider fixing the view bug in the 22 branch. It'll be a long time before users will benefit from changes to the trunk... - D