On Jun 28, 2011, at 1:49 AM, Julien Danjou wrote: > > So here the question I wonder for days now and I need to ask out loud: > > Why not embed WebKit as a display engine? It would probably be a large amount of difficult work. Over the years, multiple groups have tried this approach using less complicated versions of the web (pre-javascript, pre-css, pre-xhtml, etc) and less complicated editing systems (more `notepad' than `emacs'), and have fallen under their own weight. I hate to be gloomy, but I'm pretty sure that's the reason. Someday, another epoch or Gerd Moellmann-style effort will arise and implement this idea or something like it, but, believe it or not, xembed is probably an easier path. Hope that helps, *Chad