all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Adrian Robert <adrian.b.robert@gmail.com>
To: David Reitter <reitter@cmu.edu>
Cc: 3303@emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com
Subject: bug#3303: delete-frame raises old (invisible) frame
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 11:51:48 +0700	[thread overview]

>>> keyDown: do not swallow events that aren't re-sent if frame isn't
>>> key window.
>>
>> If you say so.
>
> What does Adrian say?? I'm just fixing the workaround, even though
> I don't fully understand the bug that leads to the problem.

The symptom I observed that led me to add that section of code was
that, when two frames are open, both displaying different buffers,
and you hold the cursor-down or page-down key down in one, the focus
would shift back and forth between the windows, and the cursor would
do some movement in each.  It's possible this no longer occurs due to
other changes in focus handling both on NS and core sides, but it's
worth testing.

Regarding the history question, there was no use of CVS during my
maintainership (or before, I believe), but there was a ChangeLog.  It
got removed in the merge, but I'm attaching it here.

In addition, when bzr was being used for a couple of months just
prior to the merge, the person that did the import put in history
entries for each release, about a dozen all together.  I'm not sure
if they were full changelog segments or just the release notes, but
anyway I believe this is gone now too, as the eventual CVS add to
trunk was done separately from the bzr tree.