On Jan 12, 2014, at 1:43 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > ould this be NS version of bug #15913? Could you (or someone with > access to NS) please try a similar fix as was done in revisions 115130 > and 115281? Done, but on dice. Even as is, ns_update_window_end calls reset_mouse_highlight, which implies the fix that was done to Win. I thought we might have to add mouse_face_defer, like so: /* If a row with mouse-face was overwritten, arrange for frame_up_to_date to redisplay the mouse highlight. */ if (hlinfo->mouse_face_defer || mouse_face_overwritten_p) { ... } But that still doesn't fix it. Unlike in the bug you cite, I don't see a flicker at all. (I do see flicker when moving the mouse over highlighted buttons while a region is selected, but I haven't managed to determine all the necessary conditions for this.)