On Friday, December 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 20.12.2013 11:51, Bozhidar Batsov wrote: > > Just a small nitpick - everything that returns a value is actually an > > expression, not a statement. > > > > > It can be both (see "expression statement"). This way it's not > ambiguous, because I'm really aligning to the statement: the containing > expression, which follows the bob or an [implicit] semicolon. > > In Rubocop, you've chosen to align to just the parent expression. Maybe > we should find a realistic example where one would be different from the > other. > > I don’t quite understand what you mean. > > > Maybe `ruby-align-to-expr-keywords’ would be a more appropriate name for > > the option. > > > > > I was thinking rather of `ruby-align-to-statement'. A non-functional > change that may be easier to pronounce. > > Sounds reasonable. > > > Btw, I noticed this in the indent examples: > > > > zoo > > .lose( > > q, p) > > > > Shouldn’t it be: > > > > zoo > > .lose( > > q, p) > > > > > Maybe, but that's harder to do. Basically, we'd want to keep the > additional indentation when and only when the parent token (.), or any > one of its siblings (in case of a chained method call) are at indentation. > > Checking if the parent is at indentation is easy, but finding its > siblings - not so much. > > I guess this can be ignored for now, since such code is not particularly common.