On 5/30/2024 11:05 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > Seriously, though: since it is completely un-obvious what would > outline-minor-mode mean for command-line-oriented modes like Eshell, > both NEWS and the Eshell manual should say at least a couple of words > about what that does. We cannot get away by just mentioning the > support and keeping silent about the rest. Good point. I'd tried to write some more docs previously but was very unsatisfied with my attempt. After sleeping on it, I've tried again (see attached). I added a preliminary commit here to move some of the existing docs into a new "Interaction" section, since I think the manual should really split out the documentation of commands and their syntax from how to use Eshell *interactively*. (I split this out since the diff is fairly large, but the changes aren't all that exciting: it just moves things from one spot to another, and adds some new index entries.) That provides a better spot to explain this new outline-minor-mode support. I also filled in documentation for a few of the existing navigation commands available in Eshell.