On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 06:55, Chong Yidong wrote: >> Steps to reproduce: >> 1. start emacs -nw >> 2. have XIM active for your X session (run scim -d) >> 3. start X11-capable emacs frame with emacsclient -c >> 4. close the X11 emacs frame >> 5. segfault with error > > I can't reproduce this bug, even now that Emacs calls XCloseIM. Do you > still see the segfault? Yes, it's happening again. I have attached a backtrace of it. One workaround is to unset XMODIFIERS before starting emacs. With XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM set, for me, the procedure to reproduce differs a bit from above: 5. start X11-capable emacs frame with emacsclient -c again 6. close the X11 emacs frame 7. segfault Thank you for your time.