Eli Zaretskii wrote: > isn't there a way to test whether a platform supports IEEE > FP representation except by looking for ieee754.h? AFAICS, that > header just defines a few data structures that any IEEE-compliant > platform should be able to work with. We can try using ieee754.h on non-GNU platforms and see what happens. In theory, there could be weird platforms where it doesn't work (as no standard specifies IEEE 754 layout); in practice, we'll probably be OK. So I created a Gnulib module for ieee754.h, merged it in, and installed the attached into master.