all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* change the table view in Emacs
@ 2011-06-09  6:43 Ivanov Dmitry
From: Ivanov Dmitry @ 2011-06-09  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When I run a command table-insert it creates the table like this:

+-----+-----+-----+
|  |   |  |
+-----+-----+-----+
|  |   |  |
+-----+-----+-----+
|  |   |  |
+-----+-----+-----+

How can I make it look like this?

+-----+-----+-----+
|     |     |     |
+-----+-----+-----+
|     |     |     |
+-----+-----+-----+
|     |     |     |
+-----+-----+-----+

In fact, when I copy/pasted it from Emacs to my email program, it became correct.

* Re: change the table view in Emacs
@ 2011-06-10  7:10 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2011-06-10  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivanov Dmitry; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 09.06.2011 um 08:43 schrieb Ivanov Dmitry:

> In fact, when I copy/pasted it from Emacs to my email program, it
> became correct.

Greetings

   Pete

* Re: change the table view in Emacs
@ 2011-06-10 23:04 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-06-10 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivanov Dmitry; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Ivanov,

Ivanov Dmitry <usr345@gmail.com> writes:

> When I run a command table-insert it creates the table like this:
>
> +-----+-----+-----+
> |  |   |  |
> +-----+-----+-----+
> |  |   |  |
> +-----+-----+-----+
> |  |   |  |
> +-----+-----+-----+
>
> How can I make it look like this?
>
> +-----+-----+-----+
> |     |     |     |
> +-----+-----+-----+
> |     |     |     |
> +-----+-----+-----+
> |     |     |     |
> +-----+-----+-----+
>

> In fact, when I copy/pasted it from Emacs to my email program, it
> became correct.

Not a direct answer to your problem, but you should perhaps try org-mode
and orgtbl-mode, it allows you to reformat tables on the fly.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: change the table view in Emacs
@ 2011-06-13  9:58 ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2011-06-13  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> When I run a command table-insert it creates the table like this:
>
> +-----+-----+-----+
> |  |   |  |
> +-----+-----+-----+
> |  |   |  |
> +-----+-----+-----+
> |  |   |  |
> +-----+-----+-----+
>
> How can I make it look like this?
>
> +-----+-----+-----+
>

> In fact, when I copy/pasted it from Emacs to my email program, it became correct.

Just place the point inside the table and press Tab. Note I only use
tables in org-mode, but I think this is standard Emacs behaviour.

Ian.