all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Need help with font-lock
@ 2010-04-19 19:44 Osor77
From: Osor77 @ 2010-04-19 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi All,

I've recently started to use emacs to write C code and I'm pretty happy
about it.
There is one thing that I haven't been able to figure out, that is how to
highlight format strings and escape characters.
I've found a solution, but it highlighted the whole string, not just the
format characters and the escapes. vi does it by default and it's the only
thing I really miss from coding using vi.
As an example, given

printf ("Your number is %4d\n", number)

I would like emacs, apart from the rest of the syntax highlighting, to
highlight "%d4\n" and ONLY that, in a different colour.
I'm not very fluent in lisp, so I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

* font baseline in 23.1
@ 2010-04-20 12:53 ` Taka Fukuda
From: Taka Fukuda @ 2010-04-20 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

    Hi,

    I am using emacs-22.3 on MacOS X 10.6.3 and now trying
    23.1.9x. It's great, but a minor issue annoys me; in the
    minibuffer, lower few pixels of the fonts are not
    displayed. That is, 'y' is the same as 'v'.

    This is the case for 23.1 and 23.1.9x and for font
    "luxi mono," and "lucida fax."

    Are there any ways to avoid this?

--                                               Taka Fukuda
--                                    fukuda at computer.org

* Re: font baseline in 23.1 (Miniwindow height)
@ 2010-05-01 18:28   ` Taka Fukuda
From: Taka Fukuda @ 2010-05-01 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

    Hi,

    Let me add an additional observation....

    The problem occurs only when line-spacing is set.  So,
    the baseline is not the cause, but the setting of
    mini-buffer (mini-window) height, I think.

    Are there any ways to increase the height of mini-window
    according to the line-spacing?  Or, just like in 22.3,
    the line-spacing should be simply ignored in
    mini-window?

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--                                               Taka Fukuda
--                                    fukuda at computer.org