all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Pymacs and rope are slow on OS X
@ 2010-01-22 10:35 gearheart
From: gearheart @ 2010-01-22 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I've recently switched from Ubuntu to OS X with the same config of Emacs. I
use Emacs 23, built from source.

The problem is that pymacs with rope work very slowly. It first "pymacs
it takes about 5 seconds before rope suggestions are shown, and user input
is blocked during this time. So it's actually easier to turn autocomplete
off.

Both of these actions were done definetely a lot faster on Ubuntu.

Do you know what I should reinstall/recompile to make things work again?

Thank you.

* Re: Pymacs and rope are slow on OS X
       [not found] <mailman.49.1264221637.14305.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-01-24  7:26 ` Anselm Helbig
From: Anselm Helbig @ 2010-01-24  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

> I've recently switched from Ubuntu to OS X with the same config of Emacs. I
> use Emacs 23, built from source.
>
> The problem is that pymacs with rope work very slowly.

I don't use ropemacs or pymacs, but maybe you just need to
byte-compile your pymacs files? This can really make a difference.

HTH,

Anselm

--
Anselm Helbig