On 2023-12-14 21:27, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 21:03:02 +0100 >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca >> From: Jens Schmidt >> >> I understood from your previous email [1] that the current location of >> where "rmc" is loaded in loadup.el is not optimal. > > Not "not optimal", incorrect. It should be before leim-list.el. > >> How about moving it to the block that also loads "minibuffer"? > > Why risk issues that could cause? I'd leave it the last loaded > package. We don't have any real reason to move it higher up, do we? I thought it'd feel lonely there. On a more serious note, there are more files that seem to race for the last places ("cus-start", for example), and I thought it would be helpful to have one candidate less wanting for a special position. Anyway, if it should be before leim-list.el, attached is it.