all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cant stop emacs automatically adding # -*- coding: utf-8 -* when saving files
@ 2009-10-23  5:11 diegofmonaco
From: diegofmonaco @ 2009-10-23  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

When I try to save  some files in emacs it automatically inserts the
following comment in the first line of the buffer : # -*- coding: utf-8 -*,
and I cant get rid off it!!!!, if I erase it when I save the file emacs
inserts it again!

I have tried everything I have found about emacs and coding systems but
nothing seems to work, I have even tried different versions of emacs 23.0
from ubuntu repositories, 23.1 compiled form source , 23.1 snapshot and with
all its the same problem.

The problem its only with some files but I dont know why!

Please Help! I have been googling for days and nothing.

Thanks in advance!