all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* font selection
@ 2009-09-29  8:06 Frédéric Boiteux
From: Frédéric Boiteux @ 2009-09-29  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

	Hello,

  I've recently shifted to Emacs23, and have some problems with font
selection, until I remember it's set in X resources. Is it possible to select
fonts from the init.el / custom.el specific Emacs config files ? it would be
simpler from my POV…

  Thanks for any tip about this, else full thanks to the emacs devs !
	Fred.

[parent not found: <mailman.7733.1254283137.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* emacs/cvs: keybindings broken
@ 2008-06-20 13:15 T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2008-06-20 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

This is when running on the Linux console.

A large number of builtin define-key deefinitions from emacs
appear to not work, cant tell what is special about the ones that
dont work.

But here are some examples:

0) Run M-x mspools -- and notice that 'n' 'p' and 'q' dont get
bound, they show up in the  keymap mspools-mode-map as cons
cells.
If you then do a define-key explicitly
(define-key mspools-map "q" 'mspools-quit)
it works, examining the keymap shows that the binding is inserted
in the array at the front.

Ditto with respect to calendar: notice that 'S' is no longer
invokes the sunrise/sunset command.

--
Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  raman@users.sf.net
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@gmail.com
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

* font selection
@ 2006-05-29 10:18 Gary Wessle
From: Gary Wessle @ 2006-05-29 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I am trying to replace the font I now see using emacs to
-bitstream-bitstream charter-medium-*-normal-*-17-120-*-*-*-0-iso8859-1
which I got using xfontsel.
now in *Customize Group: Basic Faces* I donot have all those
attributes in-order to set, the attributes I was expecting are what I
notices from xfontsel,
fndry-fmly-wght-slant-sWdth-adstyl-pxlsz-ptSz-resx-resy-spc-avgWdth-rgstry-encodng

what should I do?

thanks