all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* CVS Documentation, info version?
@ 2002-12-20 14:14 Galen Boyer
From: Galen Boyer @ 2002-12-20 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is this available, or maybe some source of the documentation?
I'd like to have this available in Emacs.
--
Galen Boyer

* Re: CVS Documentation, info version?
@ 2002-12-20 14:19 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2002-12-20 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Galen Boyer <galenboyer@hotpop.com> writes:

> Is this available, or maybe some source of the documentation?
> I'd like to have this available in Emacs.

Well, it is installed on my system.  I have in my dir both

* PCL-CVS: (pcl-cvs).	Emacs front-end to CVS.

and

* CVS: (cvs).          Concurrent Versions System

so I would assume that your system should also come with the
respective info files.

* Re: CVS Documentation, info version?
@ 2002-12-20 17:39   ` Galen Boyer
From: Galen Boyer @ 2002-12-20 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20 Dec 2002, David.Kastrup@t-online.de wrote:
> Galen Boyer <galenboyer@hotpop.com> writes:
>
>> Is this available, or maybe some source of the documentation?
>> I'd like to have this available in Emacs.
>
> Well, it is installed on my system.  I have in my dir both
>
> * PCL-CVS: (pcl-cvs).	Emacs front-end to CVS.
>
> and
>
> * CVS: (cvs).          Concurrent Versions System
>
> so I would assume that your system should also come with the
> respective info files.

Hm...  I don't have the CVS node and the corresponding info files
aren't found in the c:/emacs/info directory.  My windows emacs
distribution came from emacs-21.2-fullbin-i386.tar.

I even downloaded the emacs-21.2.tar.gz and unzipped that and it
didn't have it either.

I then checked the cvshome site and they have html versions, but
no info or source.

So, then it dawned on me that the cygwin distribution has a
boatload of info files, and there, I found the cvs.info
distribution.

--

@ 2002-12-20 17:59     ` Bijan Soleymani
From: Bijan Soleymani @ 2002-12-20 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Galen Boyer <galenboyer@hotpop.com> writes:

> I even downloaded the emacs-21.2.tar.gz and unzipped that and it
> didn't have it either.
>
> I then checked the cvshome site and they have html versions, but
> no info or source.
>
> So, then it dawned on me that the cygwin distribution has a
> boatload of info files, and there, I found the cvs.info
> distribution.

A good place to check if you need info documentation for GNU programs
is of course:
http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.htm

Html and postscript versions are also available.

Bijan

* Re: CVS Documentation, info version?
@ 2002-12-20 18:15     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2002-12-20 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer@hotpop.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 20 Dec 2002 11:39:15 -0600
> >
> > * CVS: (cvs).          Concurrent Versions System
> >
> > so I would assume that your system should also come with the
> > respective info files.
>
> Hm...  I don't have the CVS node and the corresponding info files
> aren't found in the c:/emacs/info directory.  My windows emacs
> distribution came from emacs-21.2-fullbin-i386.tar.
>
> I even downloaded the emacs-21.2.tar.gz and unzipped that and it
> didn't have it either.

The CVS manual doesn't come with Emacs, it comes with the CVS
distribution.