all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Paste takes 10 seconds
@ 2013-10-02 17:43 Perry Smith
From: Perry Smith @ 2013-10-02 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs Help

My arrangement is a VNC client (JollyVNC) on a Mac connected to a RealVNC server on an AIX host.  The AIX host is running emacs as an X11 client using the VNC's window.  The emacs is 24.3.

If I do "kill" and "yank" within emacs, its fine.  But if I copy from another window (e.g. a native window on the Mac) and then move to the emacs window and do a yank, it takes about 10 seconds for it to produce the text.

This started in 24.2 I 99% sure.  When I moved to emacs 24, I had to get a new VNC server because emacs broke (removed) the cut buffer support under the belief that no one used it -- but I guess I was still using it.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions of what emacs might be doing for 10 seconds?  Or how to track this down?

Thank you,
Perry