My arrangement is a VNC client (JollyVNC) on a Mac connected to a RealVNC server on an AIX host. The AIX host is running emacs as an X11 client using the VNC's window. The emacs is 24.3. If I do "kill" and "yank" within emacs, its fine. But if I copy from another window (e.g. a native window on the Mac) and then move to the emacs window and do a yank, it takes about 10 seconds for it to produce the text. This started in 24.2 I 99% sure. When I moved to emacs 24, I had to get a new VNC server because emacs broke (removed) the cut buffer support under the belief that no one used it -- but I guess I was still using it. Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions of what emacs might be doing for 10 seconds? Or how to track this down? Thank you, Perry