all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* binding a key for keyword completion in all modes
@ 2009-02-26  2:20 Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2009-02-26  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

this is a problem that annoys me, i wonder how you guys solve it.

the default shortcut for completion is Meta+Tab. However, that key is
after Alt+Tab, and in Mac and Windows and Linux, that combo is taken
by OS to switch apps. (i don't want to have emacs override that)

What i have always been doing is pressing Esc then Tab, but that is
really annoying, especially if you use this often.

How do you solve this?

also, how to bind a key to completion in any lang's mode? the problem
for me is, each lang mode usually uses a different name for
completion, e.g. lisp-complete-symbol, python-complete-symbol, etc. Is
there a way to solve this? Must i add hook to every mode?

Thanks.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread