Michael Albinus wrote: > I have modified > tramp-sh.el (see appended), could you pls give it a test? I've applied the patch to lisp/net/tramp-sh.el (since there is no lisp/tramp-sh.el in this version of emacs). 'patch' also gives a diagnostic: $ patch tramp-sh.el < ~/emacs.patch patching file tramp-sh.el patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line Hunk #1 succeeded at 1292 with fuzz 1 (offset -3 lines). But anyway. With this change, the "gmake check" run goes further along: The debug log repeats itself starting around line 7783. Find it attached (again, truncated to 10000 lines). Bruno