all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu>
To: "Joonas Sarajärvi" <muep@iki.fi>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Any interest in making Emacs available on Flathub?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 15:42:14 -0700	[thread overview]

On 04/18/2018 10:53 PM, Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
> right now I think it makes sense for them to even be outside the
> master repository

Yes, it's sounding like the best way to think about this is that Emacs
can be distributed via Flathub in a way that's similar to how it's
already distributed as part of Fedora, Ubuntu, etc. That is, the Flatpak
distribution is downstream from Emacs master, and Emacs master mostly
doesn't have to worry about it and the people maintaining the Flathub
repository can deal with any Flatpak-specific issues. At worst we might
need to make a few compatibility changes to Emacs that simplifies
putting it under Flatpak, but we shouldn't need to add actions to the
main Emacs Makefiles etc.