all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Query for modifying .emac file to support e language mode
@ 2005-10-24  6:01 jaichandra
From: jaichandra @ 2005-10-24  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Hello,
               I am user of emacs. I am working for samsung electronics
    co ltd India software operations.  I have a problem in modifying my
    .emacs file to support the specman .e files. I downloaded the
    specman-mode.el file into my lisp directory and add the following
    code into my .emac  file.

  ;;(require 'specman-mode)
  (autoload 'specman-mode "specman-mode" "Specman code editing mode" t)

  (setq auto-mode-alist
    (append (list
      (cons "\\.e\\'" 'specman-mode)
      (cons "\\.e3\\'" 'specman-mode)
      (cons "\\.load\\'" 'specman-mode)
      (cons "\\.ecom\\'" 'specman-mode)
      (cons "\\.etst\\'" 'specman-mode))
     auto-mode-alist))

    When ever i open the .e extention files in emacs i am getting the
    following error.

  File mode specification error: (file-error "can not open load file "
    "specman-mode" )

   I request you to help in modifing my .emacs file to support the
    specman files.

   - thanks and regards
     jayachandra

* Re: Query for modifying .emac file to support e language mode
@ 2005-10-24  8:44 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-10-24  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 24.10.2005 um 08:01 schrieb jaichandra:

>   File mode specification error: (file-error "can not open load file "
>     "specman-mode" )

I think you should check whether specman-mode.el is in load-path. If
it's not, then GNU Emacs won't find it. Another check is to invoke M-x
load-library <RET> specman-mode <RET>.

So the advice is to put specman-mode.el into one of the directories
containend in load-path. load-path can be modified in .emacs ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler. (Albert Einstein)

* Re: Query for modifying .emac file to support e language mode
@ 2005-10-25 18:06   ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-10-25 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Dyballa wrote:
 > Am 24.10.2005 um 08:01 schrieb jaichandra:
 >
 >>   File mode specification error: (file-error "can not open load file "
 >>     "specman-mode" )
 >
 > I think you should check whether specman-mode.el is in load-path. If
 > it's not, then GNU Emacs won't find it. Another check is to invoke M-x
 > load-library <RET> specman-mode <RET>.
 >
 > So the advice is to put specman-mode.el into one of the directories
 > containend in load-path. load-path can be modified in .emacs ...

You will also enjoy much better performace if you compile the .el file
into a .elc file with `M-x byte-compile-file'.

--
Kevin Rodgers