all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* C-h N, outline navigation
@ 2013-02-16  3:31 T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2013-02-16  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

This has been a major irritant for a while -- not sure when it
started -- but C-h N when it displays the Emacs News file claims
to have activated outline mode as a minor mode; however outline
navigation doesn't appear to work -- invoking
next-visible-heading just jumps to the end of the file.

I've gotten     around it by just activating org-mode in the News
file; is there any reason why org should not just be the default
for News?

--
Best Regards,
--raman

* Re: C-h N, outline navigation
@ 2013-02-16  3:44 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-02-16  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raman; +Cc: Emacs developers

raman wrote (on Fri, 15 Feb 2013 at 19:31 -0800):

> This has been a major irritant for a while -- not sure when it
> started -- but C-h N when it displays the Emacs News file claims to
> have activated outline mode as a minor mode; however outline
> navigation doesn't appear to work -- invoking next-visible-heading
> just jumps to the end of the file.

Works absolutely fine for me with:

emacs -Q
C-h N
M-x outline-next-visible-heading

Maybe you should make a bug report with your recipe to reproduce the
problem.