On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 09:45:17AM +0000, tolugboji wrote: [...] > Have done `M-x ediff-files` and `M-x ediff-buffers`, but the two files > are put one on top of each other, rather than side-by-side. What setting > do I need to do to change to side-by-side? Read the docs [1] ;-) No, seriously: have you seen this little frame floating around, showing: "type ? for help"? If you go there (how ever your window manager/operating system does that) and type ? you'll get a cheat sheet. Among them, there is "| -vert/horiz split" So try typing "|", (the vertical bar, aka "pipe symbol") to toggle between vertically and horizontally split display. Enjoy [1] I hope you don't take that too seriously. But there are more things in there that I could tell you, promised! - t