all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* replacement for shell mode comint-kill-output
@ 2021-09-15  0:55 huey
From: huey @ 2021-09-15  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

back in the version 19.30 days I could bring up a shell in emacs and
enter shell commands.  After executing a command, C-c C-o
(comint-kill-output) would remove the output from the shell buffer and
place it in the kill ring, where I could do a simple yank and place
that output in another  buffer.

Today, using version 27.1, the comint-kill-output command is no
longer, and C-c C-o provides the similar function
comint-delete-output.  However, said output is not placed in the kill
ring, and cannot be yanked back.

Is there a different/simple way to achieve the previous behavior?

Thanks!