On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:13:02 +0300 Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I think we should leave this issue alone, but maybe someone else has a > different opinion and a rationale to go with that? I definitely agree. I also read the answer of Michael Heerdegen... I was too much into studying eval-print-last-sexp... it even calls eval-print-sexp...! I understand now, thanks to you and Michael. Using C-x C-e rather than C-j to call eval-print-sexp directly, to print the evaluation result into the echo area, dispels my doubts. It was a good excuse for me to look also into Emacs' C source code... Thanks again. -Matthew