On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 07:57:49AM -0700, csh wrote: > Eli Zaretskii wrote .. > > > From: csh > > > Cc: ane@iki.fi, emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 07:18:23 -0700 (PDT) > > > > > > Eli Zaretskii wrote .. > > > > $ movemail --version > > > > > > bash: movemail: command not found... > > > > Then I guess you should install GNU Mailutils. > > I asked you what the package name was. I told you that I cannot find it. Not a Redhat person here, but I'm told that you can do rpm -qf /usr/bin/movemail to find the package carrying it. [...] > My mail is in Maildir format. It is not in mbox format. That's how they are stored in your computer by whatever program fetches it from your provider. > > What do you mean by "email providers", and how do you use that to get > > your email before reading it in Emacs? > > I use bluehome.net, which stores mail in Maildir format, but I am sure Google uses > Maildir format for its inboxes, too. Nobody knows. Being Google, they will use some funny storage. Who knows, perhaps Bigtable [2], to better rummage through your mails :) You fetch the mails from Google using some protocol (e.g. IMAP). How they end up in your computer depends on the mail client you use. > Right now, I am using the webmail Webmin interface. Sometimes I use Evolution. Other > times I use Thunderbird. I just used OfflineIMAP to fetch all my mail into ~/Mail/ on > my local machine. Ah, then it's OfflineIMAP who decides how to store them in your computer. Judging by the Wikipedia page [1] it only wants to do Maildir. Cheers - t