On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 02:19:07PM +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote: > On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 4:16 AM Nikolay Kudryavtsev > wrote: > > > > Well, do you use M-s prefix commands? I seldom do, so I've rebound them > > to another prefix and use M-s for window switching instead. > > > > As for running Emacs with multiple input systems, my usual setup is > > setting up the OS to switch input language on Caps Lock and Ctrl+Shift, > > since neither of those keys mess with Emacs in any way and I seldom need > > Caps Lock. > > Caps Lock in itself will (de)activate the capital character input > mode, so, I think maybe Ctrl+Shift is more preferable. I'm another of those re-using Caps Lock for something different. In my case, I use double-shift (i.e. left-shift + right-shift) to switch language, and caps lock for Compose (I ♥ compose: very handy :) See, I'm an old guy: my fingers were trained on a mechanical typewriter, and there caps-lock kind of made sense; since "shift" had to push the whole type cluster around, it was hard to keep shift pushed with the pinky while typing a couple of letters. Since computer keyboards, I realised that I had no use for caps lock (except for pushing it accidentaly while entering passwords, that is ;-) Cheers - t