On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 09:47:51PM +0000, Drew Adams wrote: > > … and that is also the huge advantage of not having only hu- > > man-readable strings in Emacs's init file, but being able to > > program in Emacs Lisp whatever is needed. For "simple" cus- > > tomizations, I recommend the Customization interface: It al- > > lows to enter complex data structures in a guided way and > > does The Right Thing™. > > +1. Like many (most?), I find the Customize UI > somewhat ugly and clunky. And it's hard to ask > it what functions are involved underneath etc. > (hard to "ask Emacs" there). What I do there is to read whatever Customize has written to custom.el. Something to to for someone with spare cycles (I know, I know) would be a link to a narrowed, perhaps read-only view of that buffer (or even more sneaky: a before-and-after view à la ediff or similar). Cheers - t