On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 02:58:11PM +0000, Drew Adams wrote: > > In a nutshell: deactivating (i.e. setting to nil) `deactivate-mark' > > deactivates the mark-deactivating code. Phew ;-) > > Yes. An alternative name for the variable > could have been `don't-deactivate-mark', > with the nil/non-nil values swapped. I think the variable name and semantics are fine. Turning it around wouldn't make it less confusing, IMHO. I don't have any constructive idea on how to make that more understandable myself. So don't take my remark as a rant. Just trying to walk that triple loop to get my brain clear :) Cheers - t