On 2020-10-18 22:40, Kévin Le Gouguec wrote: > Boruch Baum writes: > > >> and I'm not exactly sure what using Org-mode buys us in this case. > > > > For starters: Navigation, expansion and collapse of sections. > > FWIW, outline-mode now features section-cycling commands (TAB and S-TAB) > that are very similar to org-mode's (cf. bug#41130). I'm OK with trying to use outline-minor-mode, but didn't see the features yet in my version of emacs-snapshot. When will the patches for 41130 be committed and merged? In the meantime, I've responded to the Stefan's (Kangas) feedback with modified code, and started looking to a better alternative to posting entire versions to the list. I see that I have an old old account on savannah that I don't ever remember using, so I set up an ssh key and have now been toying unsuccessfully to create a git repository there for this feature (I'm now calling it org-el-file.el; not a great name yet, but better than pack-doc). Do I not have permissions to create a repo on my savannah account? If not, how can one be created? I'd like three, called: 1) org-el-file (this thread); 2) key-assist (bug #43709); 3) diredc (not yet shared, but ready). The attached version: + handles compressed source files + marks autoloaded functiions + identifies symbol definition + aligns symbols names (mostly) + labels colophon section + starts with commentary section open + improves definition regexp + attempts to perform substitute-command-keys + this turned out to be non-trivial, because the keybindings might not yet be defined and the keymap for the related mode might not yet be loaded. + the current attempt is an improvement, but I'm stuck on removing the leading back-slash. It was very useful getting feedback because Stefan chose an el file with what I'll call 'badly' (ie. unexpectedly) organized symbols, in the sense that I was expecting all `defcustom's to be listed together in a section beginning "^;;; Customization variables:", and so on for symbol categories ";;; Global variables:", ";;; Buffer-local variables", ";;; Internal functions:", ";;; Hook functions:", ";;; Interactive functions:", etc. The new code no longer supposes such orderliness and consequently retains function names that perform the symbol definitions. -- hkp://keys.gnupg.net CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0