On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 03:02:02PM -0500, Dale Sedivec wrote: > The Emacs manual says[1], "the text shown under the cursor is drawn using > the frame’s background color." However, on the NS port, the foreground > for text under the cursor seems to be taken from the face at point > rather than the frame's background color. > > [1]: https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Cursor-Display.html > > To illustrate this, start emacs -Q and eval: > > (progn > (switch-to-buffer (generate-new-buffer "test")) > (insert (propertize "testing" > 'face '((:background "blue" :foreground "white")))) > (goto-char 1)) > > You should be in a new buffer with some white-on-blue text. Put point > over any of that text and you should see the text under the default box > cursor becomes (a hard-to-read) blue-on-black, taking the background > color at point, rather than white-on-black, which it should be if it > took the frame's background color. The attached appears to fix it for me, however I'm not sure it's the right fix. The X ports appear to have a much neater system for setting the colours which may be worth emulating in the NS port. -- Alan Third