On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 04:21:41PM +0200, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote: > tomas wrote: > > > It doesn't move, and then it's dead (heck even > > /bin/ls had to take ACLs into account at some point > > and SELinux at another). It does move too much, and > > then people flee in all directions (remember Jamie > > Zawinski's CADT?). > > Well, no one is contemplating re-writing > Emacs, right? I hope not :) But then, if someone takes up this huge task, kudos, anyway. > I don't know if the rate of change is really the/a > problem. Can't you expand without breaking what is > there already? Isn't that what's been happening, 99% > of the time? I'm totally happy about Emacs's rate of change, mind you. If my mumblings implied otherwise, that's more a limitation on my communications skills. [...] Agreed with you on the rest. Cheers - t