On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 12:30:41PM +0000, Gregory Heytings via Emacs development discussions. wrote: > > > > >He explains the drawbacks of this approach: Google doesn't *want* > >that the app's users see the password. But the app is free > >software, so *we* want that the users see everything in the app. > > > > That's what Google's official terms of service state. But in > practice this is not enforced [...] I think this is what's normally depicted in the "boiling frog" metaphor [1]. If Google makes the transition too abruptly, they may lose some users. If they do it slowly, the users will follow along, albeit grumbling. Cheers [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog - t