On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 02:00:41PM +0800, 范凯 wrote: > Is it possiable to just use the application specific password? This is Gregory's option (2), right? He explains the drawbacks of this approach: Google doesn't *want* that the app's users see the password. But the app is free software, so *we* want that the users see everything in the app. I think this goes deeper: Google wants to be in control and we want the user to be in control. This leads to a conflict whenever the user is not Google. Cheers - t