On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 01:40:54PM +0300, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 17.07.2020 11:13, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote: > > >I already weighted in, but in case that wasn't clear: while I think > >that "layering" and "abstraction" is a useful structuring technique > >when building up complex systems, the interfaces themselves have to > >be subject to negotiation, as everything else. > > How does this apply to this particular discussion? If you have a > better suggestions for the interfaces, I'm all ears. Hm. I haven't delved in the details, and I think it'd be useless: Eli and you are both light-years smarter than me -- I just have the feeling that Eli has a perspective there that you don't, just because he's as deep in Emacs as few of us are; as current maintainer his job is to favour overall consistency over perhaps bright, but perhaps less understandable devices. > >And Dmitry -- as much respect as I have for your technical skills, > >I think you're pushing it a bit too hard. > > I'm pushing because it's not the first time this kind of thing > happened, and that has been negatively affecting my ability to > contribute. I have to draw a line somewhere. Compromises aren't > working, Eli simply skips past them. I konw Eli can be stubborn :) But he's also extremely patient. > And because that move: "please explain -- I write 3 screenfuls -- > no, you didn't explain anything", is infuriating. I understand. Just give Eli the benefit of the doubt. I am certain that there is no bad intention there. On both sides. Cheers -- t