On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 03:53:12PM +0200, Stefan Kangas wrote: > writes: > > > > It is much easier for the mind to think in terms of namespaces, here are > > > examples from other languages: > > > > What do you propose? > > > > I think "rename everything" doesn't look like a viable option? > > I'm not sure "everything" would have to be renamed. Only the names > that do not follow the prefix convention, at least in some of the more > important cases (alist is a good example). I think that would be a > big improvement. > > We could use 'define-obsolete-function-alias' to do that. We are > under no obligation to remove the obsolete aliases, so it would not > have to break any existing code. That sounds plausible, yes. I think Lisp oldtimers would tend to use the "classical" names, they are deeply ingrained. But aliasing sounds friendly to both parties :) Cheers -- t