On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 08:37:26AM +0200, Michael Albinus wrote: > Richard Stallman writes: > > > I think that giving outline-mode an option to call org-mode > > would enable every user to be happy. In addition, people who like Org mode > > would probably like this in general. > > M-x org-mode > > But I believe this is not the basic point of the request. People have > asked to "enrich" files like etc/NEWS with org-mode constructs. For the > records, I don't like this idea. I'm not an active org-mode user, and I > don't believe we shall force Emacs developers to learn org-mode in order > to edit such files. Absolutely. And I say that as a longstanding Org mode user. The question should rather be: what constructs are missing in etc/NEWS, if any? Cheers -- tomás