On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 04:57:16AM -0400, Boruch Baum wrote: > On 2020-04-17 10:15, Tomas Nordin wrote: > > The fields tested as browser characteristtics were > > ... > > Thanks. Good to know. > > > The most identifying characteristics is User Agent followed by > > HTTP_ACCEPT Headers. > > Of course emacs-w3m and w3m have no choice but to send them, but ... > > > > Browsing the web with a text based browser is not a common thing to do, > > so from a browser fingerprinting point of view I guess the uniqeness is > > to be expected. > > Right. That's why I suggested in my original e-mail... > > > "What might be more useful is to set variable w3m-add-user-agent to t, > and then set w3m-user-agent to some generic and popular user-agent > string." What I'd do is randomly select from a choice of, say, 100 popular browser strings. Bonus points if we manage to come up with a random schedule which is "just right" -- too much random and "they" [1] notice, too little random and they're not confused enough. Cheers [1] No, not some little grey men. Just the algorithms. Paid by the ad industry, so working for them... -- t