all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Scheme Mode: preventing evaluation of *.pkg when opening?
@ 2020-04-03 11:58 Nicholas Papadonis
From: Nicholas Papadonis @ 2020-04-03 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I downloaded the mit-scheme source and encounter the following behavior when opening a file named “runtime.pkg”.

<— snip —>
“The local variables list in runtime.pkg contains values that may not be safe (*)”
“Do you want to apply it?”
“Please type y, n, or ! or C-v to scroll”

Then I answer “n” and the same screen is presented again.

Finally the mode line indicates “Scheme Gambit/A”
<— snip —>

Does anyone know what is causing this behavior vs just simply loading the buffer?  How do I disable this behavior?

I’m not sure why Emacs is trying to evaluate a buffer when I have not instructed it to do so.

Thank you,
Nick

* Re: Scheme Mode: preventing evaluation of *.pkg when opening?
@ 2020-04-03 12:07 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2020-04-03 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs