On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 02:18:31PM +0000, Roy Lemmon wrote: > Hi, > > > I have an executable (guix) in a directory under my home directory. Is that a "real" executable? Or a script? > I am > using eshell. I add that directory to PATH. But when I run the command, the > executable is not found. I have tried various methods such as addpath etc. > But eshell doesnt seem to search in that directory and find the executable. > If I give the full directory on the command line, it works. > > See below: > > $ /home/rlemmon/.guix-profile/bin/guix works correctly > > $ guix does not work I doubt the error message looks like that ;-P Now seriously: perhaps the error message provides some hints for us to help you. Sometimes (happens most often with shell scripts) you get a confusing error message which might lead you to believe the script was not found while the problem is that the interpreter for your script isn't found [1]. In your case possibly guile. cheers [1] Ok, ok -- for binaries it's the same (assuming you're "on" GNU/Linux, that is). The interpreter is then ld.so, but if your system doesn't find that... -- tomás